Annual Household Hazardous Waste Drop Off Day & Spring Clean-Up
Saturday, April 29, 2017
9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Cal Ruedy Public Works Facility, 1225 Progress Drive
- Appliances (air conditioner, freezer, stove, water softener, microwave, etc.): $15
- Carpet: $5-10
- Construction Debris: $3 per item or 1/4 truck load $15, 1/2 truck load $25, full truck load $35
- Furniture: $5-10
- Mattresses/Box Springs: $10 per item
- Scrap Iron: $2 per item or 1/2 truck load $5, full truck load $10
- BBQ Grill, LP Tank, Lawn Mower, Leaf Blower, Snow Blower: $5
- Tires: $4 auto, $5 truck, $10 tractor
- Small Electronics: FREE
- TVs & Monitors: $10
- Household Hazardous Waste: FREE
- Confidential Shredding: FREE
Annual Parks & Trails Clean-Up
When: Saturday, May 6, 2017
9:00-9:15 a.m. - Check In, Refreshments, Welcome & Safety Talk
9:15 a.m. - Go to assigned park & begin Parks & Trails Clean-Up
Where: Meet at Vermillion Falls Park - 215 21st St E
Who: Adopt-A-Park Participants, Community Groups, Businesses, Families, Individuals, or
anyone who wants to help out!
If you or your group would like to volunteer, please fill out the registration form and return no later than then Monday, April 14 ,2017 to:
Hastings Parks & Recreation
Attn: Parks and Trails Clean Up
920 W 10th St
Hastings, MN 55033
Annual Arbor Day Celebration
Friday, May 19, 2017
1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Jaycee Park - 420 Lock & Dam Road
All residents of Hastings are invited to participate in this event. An estimated 20 trees of varying variety will be planted. The ceremony will begin with the reading of the Arbor Day Proclamation by a representative from City Hall. Then volunteers will be instructed in the proper planting of the trees. When the trees have been set, mulched and watered, the work will be done. Snacks and beverages will then be provided by the Hastings Park and Recreation Department. Contributing sponsors for the event are Dakota Electric Association, Modern Woodmen Insurance, and Catholic United Financial. Dress for the weather and if possible bring either a garden rake or pointed shovel. Potential volunteers should call City Forester, Paul Mahoney at 651-480-6177.