The City of Hastings understands the value of accurate and timely communication. Not only is communication a cornerstone to the City’s adopted CORE Values, but also essential to the success of local government.
The City of Hastings uses a variety of tools to keep the public informed of what is happening throughout the city, including:
- Rivertown News: Our City newsletter is mailed to every household and business within our community each Spring, Fall, and Winter.
- e-Notifications: Sign up for our List-serve to receive email updates from various city departments and commissions that interest you.
- Social Media: Like us on Facebook at City of Hastings Government or follow us on Twitter @CityHastingsMN for the latest news and events, or to provide feedback and ideas to city staff.
- Hastings Star Gazette: Current events, notices, and city council meetings are covered in this weekly paper which is published on Wednesday evenings.
- Radio Interviews: Each month a City of Hastings staff member is featured as the guest on local AM radio 1460 KDWA’s In Depth Show. This interview is aired on the third Thursday of each month beginning at 11 a.m., and will give you a more in-depth look at what is happening in a particular department.
- Hastings Public Access Government Channel: Broadcast locally on Comcast channel 16, you can watch all City Commission meetings live or catch reruns throughout the day. Want to watch it from your computer? Visit the Commission page you are interested in and view the video at your convenience.